Monday, March 13, 2017

Cut the crap: 30 days of eliminating processed crap and negativity


If you're anything like me, you're busy, like multiple job, working all of the time, hustling for a better life busy and when life happens and tries to slow us down we only speed up faster. But that doesn't necessarily mean great things for our bodies and our minds.

Three months ago, I got my Nexplanon injection, after the reality that my masses of cysts were getting worse. As an option for internal control, I got the injection, but underestimated the side effects. They've been brutal, weight gain, weakness, irritability, low points, poor sleep cycles, headaches. It's been a whirlwind watching my body try to adjust.

When I started talking to my doctor about the side effects, I heard "very common," "it just takes time." That's easy for the person not watching their body do 180 wondering what's going to happen next. There have been days I have woken up and it has taken everything in my power to find the motivation to keep moving. It's crazy what we have to go through to be healthy when we have a condition and the reality that medications don't always do what we need them to do.

Insert--> my 30 day Cut the Crap challenge where I am going to incorporate Shakeology, Whole 30 and emphasis on personal development and positivity. A lot of people have asked what exactly I am doing and I find this platform to be the easiest.

Whole 30 is 30 days of no cheats, no grains, no alcohol, no sweeteners, nothing processed, artificial or chemical. It's not a weightless program, it's a program to help you optimize your internal and natural health that bases it's results from the inside out. The focus is not on the scale but on how one feels.

What I am looking to achieve?

Personally, I am looking to improve my sleep, consistent sleep. Looking to continue on the positive weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight. Also, looking to clear up my skin, since my injection I have developed issues with breakouts that I never had before. Lastly, when Ia m in a pinch I've lately been resorting to quick fixes, like quick meals and less portioned consistency like I normally follow. As a result, I am hopeful to rid my body of the bloating and no longer be dependent on coffee for energy on my long work days.

What fitness program am I going to do?

During this challenge, I will be doing Hammer and Chisel. It's a program based off of high level activity with emphasis on weight training. Honestly, it's my soulmate workout. It's my favorite of all of the Beachbody workouts I have done and has enabled me to get to a healthy weight again after my injection. Hammer and Chisel is 60 days so I will complete the first half during the elimination phase and continue it  as I reintroduce foods into my diet. 


What kind of meal plan will I follow?

Today, I spent an hour reading through the book again reviewing the food options, recipes and meals provided in the book. Honestly, I am not really great in the kitchen, so I am going super basic this week to yield success. This week my breakfast will be Shakeology with coconut milk and unsweetened black coffee. Lunch will be grilled chicken and sweet potatoes. Dinner will be a steak with the balsamic grilled vegetables from the cookbook. I will be making my own ketchup from the book as well since ketchup on the shelf is not allowed. Lastly, my snack will be an apple with almond butter. 

This week and the first half of the challenge I will be doing a lot of traveling and I will also be moving so I have found some quick snack options just in case I get in a pinch. I am using the Larabars I choose the Cashew Cookie, I got raw cashews and to go almond butter serving packs.

 


What are your options for support and accountability this month?

This month I am still running a health and fitness focus group for busy people like yourself who need motivation, support and accountability but need a realistic approach to changing their lifestyle. This month I am running Food Meets Fitness: A realistic approach to health and fitness for the busy woman on the go. This is for anyone who wants to start their journey, continue their journey, or are tired of falling off the wagon. You can apply for your spot today. The group opens on March 20th!

No comments :

Post a Comment